Before moving to Canada, it is helpful to gather all of the documents you will need to enter Canada. This will make it easier when you look for work, register your children in school, apply for credit, and many other things. Please review the document checklist from Settlement.Org.
Keep in Mind
- Bring your original documents with you
- Bring documents for every member of your family, including children
- Medical and vaccination records are very important to bring
- Make sure that you make at least two copies of each necessary document before you leave
- All documents need to be translated into either English or French before you arrive in Canada
- Do NOT pack your travel documents, including your packing list, passports, visas, in your suitcase. Carry them with you, since you will need these when you arrive