Moving to a new community is both exciting and challenging. Below are some local programs, clubs and networks that are available to help with gaining professional contacts and learning more about events in North Bay.
- The Mentor Program was created to help integrate newcomers into the community by building professional networks.
- Professional Immigrant Networks website is for newcomers and employers looking for opportunities to develop professional relationships and networks within their field.
- Young Professionals is a membership at the North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce. This networking membership connects young business people in the community. Must be under the age of 30.
- North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce membership provides you with many opportunities to meet, socialize and interact with other local business people. They host exciting social, networking & business related events including monthly Business After Hours, Dinner Clubs, Seminars, Workshops, Annual General Meeting and much more.
- Business After Hours is the North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce's Business Networking Social, for business owners, managers and employees. A chance to get acquainted with other business associates in our community. Business After Hours usually runs from 4:30 to 7:00pm on a monthly basis.
- North Bay Toastmasters' mission is to provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every member has the opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills, which it turn foster self-confidence and personal growth. Meetings are held the first and third Wednesday of each month.
Do you want to learn about Canadian business culture? Or maybe you want to practice your networking skills? Sign up for Networking for Newcomers by contacting the North Bay & District Multicultural Centre. This workshop will help you overcome hesitations, prepare for events, practice Canadian meal etiquette, learn conversation topics, practice the art of the handshake, and follow up after events.