Moving to a new community brings the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. It can be difficult knowing where to start. Below are some of the local programs, clubs and places that are available to help with meeting new people and learning more about activities in North Bay. Check out the complete list here.
- The Mentor Program at the North Bay & District Multicultural Centre matches newcomers with people already established in North Bay. Learning English or preparing for your Canadian Citizenship test? Sign up for the Mentor Program.
- English Conversation Circles (ECC) at the North Bay & District Multicultural Centre are a fun way to practice English and make new friends.
- Nipissing Naturalists Club is a diverse and friendly group, the Nipissing Naturalists Club originally formed in 1976, with the primary objective to observe and enjoy nature through field trips, meetings and discussions, and to stimulate interest and understanding of natural history.
- Friends of Laurier Woods are continually making improvements to the trail system. It may be boardwalk repairs, improved trail drainage, or additional trail signage. Your support as an annual member, a donor &/or a director makes a difference.
- The Davedi Club was founded in 1952 by Italian Immigrants. Their members' families and friends are invited to Cultural events such as Dances, Picnics, Sing-alongs, as well as sporting events like Golf, Ping-Pong, and Scopa Tournaments. They welcome the entire community to celebrate with us at events. Davedi opens its doors to the public for Craft Shows, Spaghetti Suppers, Friday Lunch Buffets and offer Homemade Italian Frozen Food daily. In addition to promoting their culture, the Davedi Club has actively supported local and international charities though various fundraisers and hosted events for many other local charities.
- Rotary Club of North Bay-Nipissing is part of Rotary, an international membership organization made up of people who share a passion for and commitment to enhancing communities and improving lives across the globe.
- The North Bay Multicultural Cricket Club plays and promotes cricket in North Bay, ON. Any cricket enthusiast is welcome to try the game with us. The club meets and practices every Sunday 6-8pm.
Don't forget to check out the complete list of clubs here.
Recreation and sport activities are also a great way to meet people in North Bay. Check out a list of them here.
A good way to get to know your new community is to take part in the many free activities that are offered. Check out this Community Resources Video to get some ideas.