Why should employers consider hiring a newcomer? What impact could newcomer talent have on business? How is this even relevant to Northern Ontario?
Some numbers to consider
- Newcomers are currently about two-thirds of Canada's population growth. Statistics Canada predicts that by 2031 immigration could account for more than 80% of Canada's population growth. They also project that immigration will not only continue to be a key driver of population growth in the coming years—but without it, Canada's population growth could be close to zero in 20 years. Source
What could this look like in North Bay?
- Consider this- if all of the remaining boomers in the Northern Ontario region retire by age 65 then 146,895 people could exit the labour market by 2031. That is 47.7% of the employed labour force in Northern Ontario (Source). We will need people to fill these vacancies. Immigration is vital to Northern Ontario!
Want to know more?
Newcomers are known to be:
- Life-long learners
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Able to take informed and calculated risks
- Aware of new perspective and approaches
- Unafraid of hard work
- Organized and able to work to tight deadlines
- Technical Expertise
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Linguistic and cultural diversity
- Global insight and interaction