Health and Safety at Work
The OHSA sets out the rights and duties of workers, supervisors, employers and others for safe and healthy workplaces.
As a worker, you have the right to:
- Know about workplace hazards
- Refuse unsafe work
- Participate in addressing workplace health and safety issues
Some examples of employer duties are to:
- Provide basic health and safety awareness training to workers and supervisors
- Provide information, instruction and supervision to workers on how to work safely
- Do everything reasonable in the circumstances to protect workers from being hurt or getting a work-related illness
There are a series of training tools to help you learn how to work safely – several available in different languages at Learn to Work Safe site.
For more information visit Safe at Work Ontario, where you can find contact information,
or call: Health and Safety Contact Centre toll-free at 1-877-202-0008