Skilled Newcomer Career Loan Program
The Skilled Newcomer Career Loan (SNCL) is designed to help skilled newcomers living in the Nipissing District upgrade their credentials so they can get back to work in their field while living in Ontario.
How much money is available?
The SNCL offers up to $5,000 for eligible applicants. This loan is paid back over 3 years with interest-only payments for the first year to make the upgrading process as easy as possible.
What are the terms of the Loan?
- 7% flat-rate interest over 3 years
- Interest-only payments in first year
- No program fee
- Post-Dated cheques required
- No credit history check
Am I eligible?
Find out if you’re eligible by taking our Eligibility Quiz
- Be a resident of Nipissing (Permanent Resident, Citizen or Refugee Status)
- Have previously worked in your field in another country
- Have good English skills (CLB level 7) or plan to upgrade them in your work plan
- Know what is required of you to return to your field in Ontario
- Know that your field is reasonably in demand in Nipissing.
- Show that you are not able of paying for upgrade courses on your own
- Agree to repay the loan with full interest within the time frame
Please note that we have a limited number of loans available, so eligibility to be considered for a loan does not guarantee a loan.
Questions? Contact the North Bay and District Multicultural Centre at 705-495-8931 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org